(£540.00 inc. VAT)
This advanced unit is a powerful addition to a Syvecs or Life Racing ECU.
Connecting via CANbus the Mini Expansion Unit, or “MEU”, extends the I/O capability of these already excellent engine management systems by adding:
- 4 additional inputs with configurable pull-up resistors, suitable for all sensor types; capable of speed measurement (e.g. for ABS wheel speed sensors).
- H-bridge output which can be configured as a single full bridge or two independent half bridges. Suitable for drive-by-wire throttle control, for example.
- 25Hz update-rate GPS receiver, providing accurate “RADAR” vehicle speed (can be set at any rate between 1Hz and 50Hz as required)
- Bosch LSU 4.9/4.2 lambda amplifier
- Single channel K thermocouple amplifier, typically used for EGT measurements
- Barometric pressure sensor
- Triple axis accelerometer for vertical, lateral and longitudinal G measurement
- Triple axis G sensors for roll, pitch and yaw measurement
The MEU enclosure is an industry-standard Deutsch enclosure, moulded in Thermoplastic and rated at IP67.
Interface to ECU
Connects via single pair CANbus direct to ECU.
There are two operating modes that can be set using the PC program available for download from this site:
- Life Racing/Syvecs “slave mode” which *cannot* be used for other devices at this time, but allows free use of the inputs for any purpose, as well as RADAR speed from the GPS receiver.
- Life Racing/Syvecs GPS-AG50 mode, with full GPS data (latitude/longitude/speed/course) with accelerometer and gyro data. H-bridge driver can be controlled by the generic transmit datastream, but use of the inputs is limited to the barometric pressure sensor, EGT and Bosch lambda via S8/F88 generic receive. The 4 main inputs – at this time – are not accessible.
The CANbus has an internal 120Ω termination link (which can be removed via internal jumper link).
The MEU is equipped with a pair of 12-way Deutsch DTM connectors, and is supplied with the mating housings and a set of DTM terminals.
The GPS antenna (supplied) uses a standard SMA jack connector.
|Analogue Input Type||Unipolar, Voltage or Resistive (AU/AV/AR). Speed capable. (AB - bipolar - configuration available to special order)|
|Analogue Input pull-up resistor||Switchable, 3k|
|Analogue input voltage range||0-5V|
|Analogue input speed measurement||Up to 1.8kHz. Requires 0-5V switching inputs (e.g. Hall effect/3-wire type). External VR to HE converter available soon.|
|H-bridge Current||Continuous 5.0A, peak 7.0A.|
|H-bridge PWM frequency||Fixed at 7.8kHz in full bridge. Adjustable up to 10kHz in half bridge mode|
|Barometric pressure sensor range||500-1100mBar|
|Barometric pressure sensor accuracy||±4mBar|
|Accelerometer range||±4G (±2G or ±8G available to special order)|
|Accelerometer Accuracy||±20 mG|
|Accelerometer temperature stability||±0.008 %/°C|
|Accelerometer update rate||50Hz|
|Accelerometer low pass filter||16Hz|
|G Sensor range||±250 º/s. ±500 (±1000 or ±200 º/s available to special order)|
|G sensor non-linearity||0.2 %|
|G sensor variation over temperature range||±2 %|
|G sensor sample rate||50Hz|
|G sensor low pass filter||42Hz|
|GPS update rate||Default 25Hz (rates between 1Hz and 50Hz selectable using PC software)|
|GPS speed accuracy||0.1m/s (0.36km/h)|
|GPS start up||29 second cold start
1 second hot start
|GPS internal battery||2.3mA/hr. Provides up to 2 days of power to assist fast startup|
|GPS sensitivity||-165dBm tracking
-148dBm cold start
|GPS Antenna (supplied)||Active omnidirectional antenna (powered via MEU) with adhesive pad.|
|Lambda amplifier||Internal selection for LSU4.9 (default) or LSU4.2.|
|Lambda Heater control.||PID control to maintain accuracy.|
|"K" type thermocouple amplifier||temperature range 0-1500C|
|"K" type thermocouple amplifier accuracy||±2 ºC|
|CANbus||Custom data rate with built in 120Ω termination resistor|
|Physical size (plus mating connectors)||133 x 119 x 36 mm|
|Supply Voltage||8-25V, reverse polarity protected|
|Power consumption (MEU only, excluding current delivered to connected devices)||<100mA|
|Operating temperature range||-20 to +80ºC|
|Connectors (supplied)||Deutsch DTM 12 way. 1x "A" coding, 1x "B" coding.|
|Syvecs Firmware version required||S8 >V1.460